Accelerate IT services with WWT’s approach to Value Stream Mapping
Due to the growth of personal computing applications and technological advancements, IT is changing at a rapid pace, which makes it difficult for IT to clearly understand a process of user requests-to-outcome. As a result, performance and quality impacting services often suffer.
It’s not uncommon for processes that impacts quality and speed of IT service delivery to take days, weeks or even months to execute. Common examples of delayed requests include:
- Network: add, move, change, delete VLANS in a network fabric
- Firewall: update firewall access-list policy
- Storage: add a volume to a pool
- Security: change passwords on network devices
To address these challenges, IT organizations must empower their teams with repeatable, visible, end-to-end processes with a focus on intelligent automation.
How WWT Can Help
The WWT Value Stream Mapping Workshop helps IT organizations analyze and prioritize areas of process improvements through application of intelligent automation to improve quality and speed of IT services. With a framework in place for optimizing operations, IT can better communicate across teams, suppliers and customers, as well as begin to map a digital transformation strategy.
During the workshop, participants will engage in discovery and value stream mapping exercises focused on:
- Prioritization of process workflows and alignment with business outcomes
- Analysis of workflows to identify performance and quality issues
- Development of a future state process map
- Creation of an automation strategy and implementation plan
What are the Benefits?
Participants will have an analysis of process areas through ideation and development of controls for future-state operating models.
- Reduced overall IT costs through automation
- Reduced overall risk associated with product or services deployment
- Reduced time to execute tasks and processes
After completion of this workshop, participants receive the following deliverables to accelerate process improvements through intelligent automation:
- Current-state map: snapshot of how a process is currently executed
- Future-state map: automation process, implementation plan and proposal
The WWT Approach to Value Stream Mapping
The WWT Value Stream Mapping program consists of a larger series of workshops in which organizations can take advantage of standardized frameworks, customized tools and techniques to rapidly model a digital transformation strategy.